Centre Director Professor Sharon Goldfeld is part of a new expert panel advising the Federal Government on the impact of preschool for Australian children.
Children’s lifelong health, development & wellbeing are shaped by their early environments and experiences.
Preschool – the early childhood education in the years before a child starts primary school – provides a vital foundation for children’s learning, now and into their future.
Children who engage in quality preschool are better prepared to start school. Data from the Australian Early Development Census (AEDC) showed that children who attended preschool were less likely to be developmentally vulnerable across all five developmental domains.
Preschools Outcomes Measure Expert Advisory Group
A new Preschools Outcomes Measure Expert Advisory Group has been formed to develop options to measure the impact of preschool for Australian children.
The advisory group will review existing research, evidence and strategies from Australia and internationally, and advise on potential new measures, or the adaption of existing measures.
This information will support governments to work together with the early childhood sector to develop a greater understanding of what works for Australian preschool children.
Centre Director Professor Sharon Goldfeld is a member of the Expert Advisory Group along with:
- Professor Sally Brinkman: Co-Director of the Fraser Mustard Centre, an initiative of the Telethon Kids Institute and the South Australian Department of Education and Child Development
- Professor Leslie Loble: Industry Professor, University of Technology Sydney and Fellow
- Dr Dan Cloney: Senior Research Fellow, Education Policy and Practice Program and Member of the Centre for Global Education Monitoring, Australian Council for Educational Research
- Dr Sandra Cheeseman: Chief Operating Officer of Creche and Kindergarten Association, Queensland
- Dr Stacey Fox: Manager at Dandolo Partners
- Dr Anne Kennedy: Fellow of the University of Melbourne, Graduate School of Education
- Dr Suzan Mentha: Lecturer, University of Melbourne, Graduate School of Education.
For more information visit: https://ministers.dese.gov.au/tudge/supporting-children-focus-preschool-expert-advisory-group