The Second Lancet Commission on Adolescent Health and Wellbeing is opening a call for five experts to serve on the multi-disciplinary ‘Adolescent and Youth Review Group’
The Second Lancet Commission on Adolescent Health and Wellbeing brings together a diverse group of 41 Commissioners including ten Youth Commissioners from across disciplines, sectors, and geographies.
Meaningful adolescent and youth engagement is front and center of the approach of the Commission, we have ensured youth mainstreaming at every stage of the Commissions’ activities. Since its inception, the Commission appointed eight young experts who are serving as Youth Commissioners and are playing a pivotal role in the application of a youth lens to the Commission’s work, as well as serving as co-chairs leading workstreams through an intergenerational, equal partnerships model.
- Aged 18 to 30 years;
- Have a passion for improving the health and wellbeing of all young people;
- Work in or have an interest in all fields including political sciences, gender equality, climate justice, economics, and health financing;
- We welcome applications from regions of the globe as well as marginalized populations such as indigenous youth, refugees and the LGBTQI+ community.
- 1-2 virtual calls, October – December 2023
- Reviewing the Commission’s draft report
- Participating in an in-person meeting in early December 2023 (flights and accommodation will be covered)
- 2-4 virtual calls, 2024
- Final review of the Commission report
- Participate, as needed, in report launch dissemination activities
A modest stipend will be included and all costs for the in-person meeting will be covered. Selected experts will also be acknowledged in the Commission report.
Sunday 17 September 2023