Webinar series | COVID-19 and detention
The Justice Health Unit is convening a series of six webinars on the theme of Building a sustainable, comprehensive response to COVID-19 in relation to detention.
The webinars, to be held monthly from July to December 2020, will have a global perspective with speakers from international organisations including the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The overall focus of the series will be on:
- Understanding the policy/operational responses so far
- Identifying what has been missing from the response (voices, regions, perspectives, issues, information)
- Developing recommendations on what is needed to achieve comprehensive, sustainable, whole-of-government response
The webinar series is available to watch on Youtube.
The webinar topics are:
- Global overview | Recording now available
- COVID-19 and decarceration | Recording now available
- Rights, accountability, information and standards in a COVID-19 world | Recording now available
- Immigration detention and COVID-19 | Recording now available
- Australasian issues | The recording of this webinar, held on Thursday 4 February 2021, will be available soon.
- International responses – next steps for policy, advocacy, funding and research | Webinar to be held early in 2021. Event and recording availability date TBA.
Prof Stuart Kinner and other members of the Justice Health Unit, University of Melbourne are co-facilitating the webinar series.
For more information, contact Clare Chiminello.