A statement from The Royal Children’s Hospital

The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) is today sending its deepest condolences to The Royal Family.

The RCH has a long connection with Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh and Queen Elizabeth, who first visited the hospital in 1963 to mark the opening of the new Royal Children’s Hospital at Parkville.

In 1953 our hospital was granted Royal Ascent to change its name to ‘Royal Children’s Hospital,’ and in 2011, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip returned to Melbourne to open the RCH on the site it stands today.

On behalf of our Board, Executive, staff and community, we send our sympathies to the Queen and their family and thank Prince Philip for the special relationship he has shared with the RCH for more than 50 years.

Add a comment


Previous post Next post