The Thriving Children, Thriving Communities webinar series focuses on equity and innovation in early childhood and unites clinicians, researchers, practitioners, community members and policymakers to explore issues of significance to community child health.
Join us as we share evidence, experience and resources to support those striving to make a difference for children and families.
Community listening: What happens when we start with children and families?
Panellists: Dr Tim Moore, Catherine Thompson, Kerry Laming, Tara Day-Williams and Lauren Heery (Host).
- Date: Tuesday 31 May 2022
- Time: 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Cost: Free
Ensuring that every child in every community has what they need to thrive has proved elusive in Australia. Despite our efforts, many children, families and communities remain overburdened and under-resourced. Traditional ways of working are failing to address inequity, disadvantage and vulnerability. Join us as we explore the role of listening to the experiences of families and communities in effecting change, and showcase the collaborative work of the Hands Up Mallee initiative.
Past webinars and resources
- Shifting the focus: the pandemic and children – two years on
- Integrating care to improve child mental health in families experiencing adversity
- Children’s mental health: How primary schools are supporting positive mental health
- Parents as partners and co-workers: A case study in peer-led parenting programs
- Learning and changing: Using quality improvement to create more equitable services
- Pushing the boundaries: Using telehealth to improve access and care
- Platforms: Supporting community-led change
Get in touch for more information, or to partner with us on the series email@example.com