Are you looking to re-invigorate your group programs and generate more meaningful group interactions? The Centre’s unique and popular Small Group Facilitation course is now offered online and has new dates available for 2022!
Facilitating small groups via workshops, meetings, focus groups and training, is a sophisticated task and requires a specific set of skills. To get the most out of participants on the day, facilitators need to work in ways that enable participants to feel safe, especially when participants are unfamiliar with each other, or represent a wide array of competencies. Unspoken social hierarchical factors can also influence group dynamics.
The Small Group Facilitation course equips participants with evidence-based tools and techniques for facilitating small groups. Participants will:
- learn the skills and qualities of an effective facilitator
- access facilitation tools and techniques that will help your participants get the most out of group learning
- learn how to create a meaningful partnership with group participants
- learn how to create an engaging and interactive group environment
- learn the process of content development for planning group facilitation
- have the opportunity to see different methods of facilitation modelled by facilitators
- learn by practicing in a safe space, and by reflecting on your practice.
The facilitators of this course have extensive experience in facilitating training and small group processes in a number of settings with practitioners and parents.
Small Group Facilitation online course
Dates: 15, 22 February & 1, 8, 15 March 2022 (5 days)
Time: 11.00am –1.00pm and 1.30pm – 2.30pm AEDT (3 hours per day)
Delivery: Online via Zoom
Cost: $780 incl. GST
Feedback from participants
The Small Group Facilitation course has helped advance the skills of many participants around Australia. Here’s what some participants had to say after completing the course:
- “I work with the Workforce Development team in the Department of Communities in Tasmania. The CCCH two day Small Group Facilitation Training was an educational master class delivered by knowledgeable, engaging and inspiring presenters. It was a game-changer for me at work in terms of opening up new opportunities. As a committed introvert, I surprised myself with what I could do! I think everyone should do it as listening, communicating, bringing people along on the same journey and helping them to have a voice is as important in daily life as it is in our work. These are valuable skills to have, and this training provides a unique, supported opportunity to work on them” (Kym Weatherley, Tasmania).
- “It has fundamentally changed my mindset and approach to small group facilitation. I have gone from viewing myself as the expert/teacher and fearing the participants to a place of quiet confidence and equality. I found the sessions so informative, easy to follow and am actually looking forward to my next opportunity to facilitate a small group as part of my work” (Participant, Western Australia).
- “I cannot speak more highly of this experience. I was not expecting such in-depth and valuable training. [The facilitators] were so helpful, respectful and giving of themselves and their experiences as facilitators” (Participant, Victoria).
For more information on our group facilitation courses, visit www.rch.org.au/ccch/training-dev/Group_facilitation