Help kids to read, play and learn with books.
Literacy – the ability to read and write – is one of the most important foundations for success in school and life. The foundations for literacy development start very early.
Let’s Read is an evidence-based initiative that helps early childhood professionals to play a critical role in enhancing children’s early literacy skills.
What are the benefits of Let’s Read?
Let’s Read can help professionals to:
- support children to develop foundational literacy skills – from babies to pre-school age
- create environments and experiences that support language and literacy growth
- encourage families to share books, songs and nursery rhymes with their children
- implement related features of the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standard in their setting.
What types of packages are available with Let’s Read?
Kindergartens and professionals can access any of the following forms of Let’s Read resources using school readiness funds:
- Let’s Read eLearning. A 3.5-hour online learning program to provide educators with the knowledge and tools to enhance their early literacy practices.
- Let’s Read centre-wide package. Unlimited centre-wide eLearning access for 6 months plus additional resources including the Let’s Read poster series and a DVD to inspire families to read at home.
- Let’s Read community program. An opportunity for kindergartens to extend the benefits of early literacy to reach children and families in your community.
Let’s Read eLearning: $50 (incl. GST) per person.
Let’s Read centre-wide package: $500 (incl. GST) per kindergarten.
Let’s Read Community Program
Face-to-face training is available to community-based professionals to help them establish a Let’s Read program in their community. Contact email@example.com for more information on face-face training or starting up a Let’s Read in your community.
Get in touch for more information