Laying the Foundations eLearning
Children’s health, wellbeing, development and learning influence each other in dynamic ways. The Laying the Foundations eLearning helps early year’s professionals to understand how their practice can positively shape children’s lifelong learning and development.
The benefits of Laying the Foundations
The eLearning can help early childhood professionals to:
- reflect on how your practice supports children’s learning, health and development
- take time to review how you work in partnership with families
- consider your daily interactions with children and what this means for their learning and teaching.
The eLearning modules
Modules 1 and 2 provide a big picture of children’s early learning and development. Modules 3, 4 and 5 are focused on specific age groups from 0-8 years and provides further detail on children’s specific developmental periods.
- Module 1: Introduction to child learning and development
Learn more about children’s health, how they grow and develop, and how your understanding of learning and development is important to the work you do with children and their families.
- Module 2: More about child learning and development (prenatal to 8 years)
Learn more about the risk and protective factors that affect how children grow and develop, as well as the importance of your relationships with children and their families. Build upon your understanding of how your practice can strengthen the parent/child relationship.
- Module 3: Prenatal to three years – becoming curious about people and the world around them.
Learn more about how a healthy pregnancy and birth support a child’s growth and development, and how children are active contributors to their own learning.
- Module 4: Three to five years – participating in an expanding social world
Learn more about the key experiences and transitions of children aged 3-5 years and how reflecting on your daily interactions with children informs your learning and teaching.
- Module 5: Five to eight years – towards greater independence
Learn more about the developmental activities and key transitions of children aged 5-8 years and how your practice supports parents to promote their child’s learning, health and development.
Laying the Foundations is suitable for all professionals who work with children and families, including early childhood educators and those working with families experiencing vulnerability.
Early years frameworks
The eLearning aligns with current early years quality frameworks, including the National Quality Standard and Framework, the Early Years Learning Framework, the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and the Framework for School Age Care.
- Five modules that take between 20-40 minutes to complete.
- Kindergartens and professionals will have access to the eLearning for 12 months after purchase.
Laying the Foundation eLearning: $154 (incl. GST)
Choose your own bundles: Contact our staff to purchase a bundle of modules that best suits your needs.
Enhance your practice using evidence and helpful tools
Laying the Foundations is informed by the science of early brain development, current research and practice-based evidence; and provides multiple interactive learning opportunities with current information and resources about young children and their families. Multi-media elements, case studies, guided discussion points and skills-based activities are embedded throughout the modules.
Get in touch for more information or to book or modify a workshop