Strong relationships with families help to promote positive parent-child relationships and early learning environments and experiences for children. This workshop equips professionals with the confidence and tools needed to genuinely partner with parents.
Engaging Families: Building and sustaining helpful relationships
In this workshop professionals will:
- explore the concept of parent engagement from the perspective of families who find it difficult to access early years services
- explore different forms of engagement
- access strategies and approaches to guide better engagement with families and early years services.
Delivery: online and face-to-face options
Duration: 3 hours
- $188 incl GST per online participant
- $215 incl GST per face-to-face participant (Metropolitan Melbourne & Regional Victoria)
- $380 incl GST per face-to-face participant (Metropolitan Melbourne & Regional Victoria)
Face-to-face workshops will incur additional travel expenses. A quote will be provided on application.
This workshop is suitable for early years educators, maternal & child health nurses (MCHN), allied health practitioners, early intervention practitioners, family support workers, Foundation-Year 2 educators and/or leadership, community members and others who might be involved in a place-based approach.
We encourage communities to include parents, volunteers and others in their groups to hear and include their experience as co-designers or co-producers of service programs and practices.
Individuals and small groups can register for our events via our training calendar.
Organisations can book online and face-to-face group sessions for 8 or more participants by contacting us here.
Delivery details for groups
Online participants will require access to a device (computer or tablet) with MICROPHONE and CAMERA functionality to participate fully in this workshop. Ideally participants should be on their own device and not sharing screens with other participants.
Organisations must provide venue and catering. The venue must be able to accommodate participants in a safe environment, allowing for current restrictions around social distancing.
- Minimum 8 online participants, maximum 12
- Minimum of 9 face-to-face participants, maximum 15
Organisations may wish to partner with other organisations to meet minimum numbers.
Customise your own program
Engaging Families can be tailored to meet the needs of participants and the community context. Contact us to find out more and enquire about tailoring this workshop.
Enquire or book a workshop today